Updated at 2020-10-23
Definitions and key terms
- Cookie: It refers to a small amount of data that is generated when you use the site. The data is saved by the internet browser. This enables the browser to identify your activity, provide analytics, and remember all your information based on your login information and language preference.
- Country: where Free PDF Convert or the owners/founders of Free PDF Convert are based, in this case is CZ
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Free PDF Convert Service to manage the relationships with your consumers or service users.
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Free PDF Convert and use the services.
- IP Address: It stands for Internet Protocol address and each device that uses the internet is given the number which is considered its IP address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. The location from which the device connects to the internet can be identified by the IP address.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Free PDF Convert or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: It includes the information which is directly and indirectly linked to the personal information of the users such as the personal identification number. This allows the identification of natural persons.
- Service: refers to the service provided by Free PDF Convert as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-Party Service: It refers to marketing partners, promotional partners, contest sponsors, and advertisers, and others that provide our content and products which might interest you.
- Website: Free PDF Convert."’s" site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://freeconvertpdf.com/
- You: a person or entity that is registered with Free PDF Convert to use the Services.
Information automatically collected
When you visit our platform, your information such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address and device or browser characteristics are collected automatically. The information might be used for connecting the computer with the internet. Besides this, other information automatically collected includes the connection information, computer details, password, email address, and login. The information includes time zone settings, version, browser plug-in types, operating systems, purchase history, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator), through our website which might include the time and date, cookie number; which web pages are viewed on the site or searched; the number used for calling our Call Center.
Certain information when you navigate, use, or visit our platform is also collected. It does not reveal your identification such as contact information or name. However, it might include usage and device information like device characteristics, location, and country, device name, referring URLs, language preferences, operating system, and IP address. The information is required for maintaining our security and for reporting and internal analytics purposes.
Sale of Business
The laws of CZ, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Agreement and your use of the website. Know that the use of our website might also subject you to other local, national, state, or even international regulations.
Links to Other Websites
Our website might contain some third party links and advertisements to other third party websites. Free PDF Convert does not make any representation as to the accuracy or suitability of any of the information contained in those advertisements or sites and does not accept.
We do not take any liability or responsibility for the content or conduct of the advertisements or offerings made by any of the third parties. The only reason why there is advertising is to ensure that you get to continue using Free PDF Convert for free. However, we strive to make sure that ads you see are relevant, unobtrusive, and safe.
Third party advertisements and links to other sites where goods or services are advertised are not endorsements or recommendations by Free PDF Convert of the third party sites, goods or services.Keep in mind that Free PDF Convert does not take responsibility over the content of the ads that pop up. Similarly, we do not take any responsibility of the promises made or the reliability/ quality of the services or products highlighted in the advertisements.
Cookies for Advertising
The cookies help collect data of your online activity and use of other services on the site to ensure that the online advertisements are more effective and relevant. It is referred to as interest-based advertising. These cookies are also responsible for performing functions such as making sure that the ads are displayed properly for the advertisers and that the same ads do not continuously reappear. Without cookies, advertisers would have a difficult time reaching their audience or knowing which ads are displayed and the number of clicks they receive.
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Regardless of where you might be located, it is possible to set the browser you use to block cookies or any similar technology. However, this action might prevent the website from properly functioning as essential cookies might get blocked and you would be unable to utilize the services and features. Moreover, you should also bear in mind that you might lose some of the saved information as well (such as the site preferences, saved login details) if the cookies of the browser you are using are blocked. Each browser has different controls available. Even if you disable the cookie or any category of the cookie, it would not delete the cookie from the browser. Instead, you would have to do this on your own from the browser by selecting the help menu to go through more information.
Remarketing services are also used by our website.
If you are unaware of remarketing, it is retargeting of ads to serve people from all over the internet who visit your website. It would permit your company to be considered as following people around when they use the internet by serving relevant ads of the platforms and websites that they use the most.
As for all the credit card or payment processing details that you give us, we would ensure that they are kept confidential and are stored as securely as possible.
Anyone under 13 years of age will not be addressed by us. Our website does not collect personal identifiable information of anyone who is less than 13 years old knowingly. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has submitted personal data and you are aware of it, you should contact us. Then, once we come to know about such personal data of anyone less than 13 years of age which has been collected without your parental consent, we will initiate steps for its removal from all our servers.
Third-party content such as applications, information, data, and other products are included or displayed on the site to third-party sites or services (Known as Third-Party Services).
You acknowledge and agree that Free PDF Convert shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. Free PDF Convert does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services.
The Third-Party Services as well as the links provided are only offered to you as a convenience. You use and access them on your own risk and are subject to the policies of those third parties terms and conditions.
- Local Storage
Also referred to as DOM storage, local storage offers web apps the protocols and methods for client-side data storage. Persistent data storage is supported by web storage. It is just like cookies but have greater capacity and none of the information would be stored in the request header of the HTTP.
$elnombre uses "Sessions" to identify the areas of our website that you have visited. Session refers to the small piece of data which is stored on the mobile device or computer by the web browser.
Information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What is GDPR?
EU residents need to be aware of GDPR. It is an EU data and privacy protection law which regulates how the data of EU residents is protected. The law helps enhance the amount of control that EU residents have over their own data.
It is important to note that the GDPR is not only relevant to EU-based companies, but also those operating globally. The data of our customers is very important to us regardless of where one might be located. This is the reason why GDPR controls have been implemented as the baseline standard for our global operations.
What is personal data?
Personal data refers to any data of an identified or identifiable individual. A variety of information is covered by GDPR. It is used either on its own or in combination with more information for identifying a person. Personal data is more than just the email address or name of the individual. Some notable examples of personal data include ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical address, IP address, biometric data, genetic data, political opinions, and financial information.
The principles of data protection are mentioned below:
- The personal data which has been collected can only be processed in a transparent, legal, and fair manner. It can only used as would be expected by the individual.
- The personal data can be collected for satisfying only the specific purpose and nothing else. The personal data being collected has to be specified.
- The personal data can only be held for a certain period of time. Then, it should not be discarded.
- Only the persons mentioned in the GDPR can gain access to the personal data. They also have the authority to copy the data and update, delete, restrict, or move it to somewhere else.
Why is GDPR important?
With the introduction of the GDPR, new requirements of how companies can protect the personal data of individuals that they collected and processed are set. It boosts the stakes for meeting compliance through the improvement of enforcement of laws. Beyond these facts it's simply the right thing to do. Free PDF convert believes that data privacy is extremely important. This is why we have established strong security and privacy practices for going beyond the requirements set by the regulation.
Individual Data Subject's Rights - Data Access, Portability and Deletion
As we are well-aware of our EU-based customers, we strive to offer them with the best platform where they can access, retrieve, update, and remove their data. We've been set up as self service from the start and have always given you access to your data and your customers data. You can count on our customer support team to help you out. They will be happy to answer all of your queries.
As per the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), we are obligated by law to disclose categories of the personal information collected and used as well as the categories of the sources from which the personal information is collected and the third parties that we share the information is shared.
Under the California law, we also have to communicate the rights of Californian residents as mentioned below:
- The Right to Know and Access: A verifiable request may be submitted for requesting the information involving the personal information categories collected, used, or shared; the purpose of those categories; the sources of those categories; and the specific personal information collected concerning you.
- The Right to Receive Equal Service: We cannot discriminate against anyone for exercising their privacy rights.
- The Right to Delete: A verifiable request can be submitted for closing your account and deleting the personal information that has been collected about you.
You can also request the business not sell consumer personal data if that business sells consumer personal data.
Once you have made a request, we will respond to you within a month. Please contact us in order to exercise any of the rights mentioned above.
Free PDF Convert does not sell any personal information of users.
To learn more about your rights, kindly contact us.
Feel free to contact us in case you have any queries.
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org